Consumer Protection Act
About this course
The primary purpose of the CPA is to promote and advance the social and economic welfare of consumers. In essence, the Act intends to regulate the marketing of goods and services to consumers as well as the relationships, transactions and agreements between consumers, suppliers, producers, distributors, importers, retail providers and all intermediaries of goods and services.
The course will explain the importance and purpose of the Act and describe the various customer rights that fall under the Act. It will also explain the steps that must be taken to ensure compliance.
What you will learn:
- The importance of the Consumer Protection Act
- The purpose and objectives of the Consumer Protection Act
- Who may lodge consumer complaints
- The various consumer rights under the Act
- The steps that must be taken to ensure compliance
- The impact of non-compliance
Where this course could take you:Here are some career opportunities this short course will help you work towards:
- Give you a good background to the Consumer Protection Act
- Help you to make informed decisions when managing relationships, transactions and agreements between consumers, suppliers, producers, distributors, importers, retail providers and all intermediaries of goods and services.
To sign up for this course:
What our students have to say
about IMM Graduate School’s Online Short Courses
This was probably one of the most-informative courses I have ever done. The notes are so detailed and precise, it made studying for my assessments so much easier. GREAT COURSE!!!!
Excellent course. Easy to read and navigate the site. The additional reading was also helpful. Christa is very helpful on the admin side.
I enjoyed this course and I am hoping what I have learned here will help me grow as an individual and help me contribute to me organization. Christa was a great help and motivation, she knew just what to say and it kept me motivated.