Digital Marketing Toolbox
About this course
Successful brands are built on a foundation of meaningful brand strategy that provides the framework for what the brand stands for and how it will be communicated to the marketplace. In this course we introduce you to the concept of branding, the importance of brand equity and brand identity. If consumers recognise a brand and have some knowledge about it, they do not have to engage in a lot of additional thought or processing of information to make a purchase decision. Brand loyalty occurs when a customer has a consistent preference for one brand over all others.
It is equally important to build a solid reputation online. Bad service, scandals, and other issues can cause negative social media mentions. For this reason, it’s vital to continuously track your brand’s social media channels. Marketers use social listening tools to monitor a brand’s social media channels for any customer feedback or discussions regarding specific keywords, topics, competitors, or industries, followed by an analysis to gain insights and act on any opportunities. Keyword research is also extremely important in the search marketing game as it helps you to learn which terms and phrases to target with SEO and what your customers are looking for.
Digital marketers also need to develop buyer personas which are a useful tool to support customer journey mapping. For content marketing purposes, digital marketers need personas to help deliver content that will be most relevant and useful to their audience. In order to improve online experiences and efficiencies, digital marketers need to undertake some components of testing. An organisation can test virtually anything in the customer experience, for example, headlines, calls to action, body copy and images.
Another way to find out more about the customer is through online surveys. The valuable information collected via surveys can be used to improve processes, operations, product and marketing initiatives.
This course introduces you to many valuable online tools used in industry such as:
- WordPress – an open-source software package for building websites and blogs.
- Google’s G-Suite – a collection of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools.
- Team Gantt – a cloud-based project management software solution.
- Trello – a tool that gives manager a birds-eye view of what’s being worked on, by who and where something is in a process.
- Mailchimp – software for creating and managing mailing lists, newsletters, automated campaigns and more.
- HubSpot – an inbound marketing and sales software that helps attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
- And Hootsuite – a social media management platform whereby users can curate content and schedule posts.
What you will learn:
Marketing Application Tools
- Customer Relationship Marketing Management
- The Effect of Digital Technology on Customer Behaviour
- Online Consumer Decision-making and Lifecycle Segmentation
- Marketing Research
- The concept of Branding and Brand Equity
- Measuring Brand Equity
- Developing a Brand Equity
- Brand Architecture
Research in a Digital World
- Keyword Research
- Social Listening, Customer Personas and Journey Mapping
- Testing and Auditing
- Online Surveys
Tools for Managing your Online Presence
- WordPress and Customer Management Systems
- File Storage and Collaboration with G-Suite
- Team Gant, Trello, Mailchimp and Grammarly
- HubSpot CRM and Hootsuite
Where this course could take you:Here are some career opportunities this short course will help you work towards:
- Marketing and Digital Marketing Managers
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Product and Brand Managers
To sign up for this course:
What our students have to say
about IMM Graduate School’s Online Short Courses
This was probably one of the most-informative courses I have ever done. The notes are so detailed and precise, it made studying for my assessments so much easier. GREAT COURSE!!!!
Excellent course. Easy to read and navigate the site. The additional reading was also helpful. Christa is very helpful on the admin side.
I enjoyed this course and I am hoping what I have learned here will help me grow as an individual and help me contribute to me organization. Christa was a great help and motivation, she knew just what to say and it kept me motivated.