Export Financial Risk Management
Commitment is a big word!
This option gives you a 'taster' of your course to try out before you buy
- An Introduction to the Course
- A Video Overview of the Course
- One Free Module
- Q&A for that specific module
- The opportunity to sign up for the course, there and then
About this course
You’ll explore export costings according to Incoterms® 2010 and the payment options available to the international trader. And you’ll be given practical tools on how to ensure your costings are correct, how to obtain payments, and when and how to apply for funding. Designed for those across the exporting spectrum, whether you’re just starting out or wanting to upskill, this course will boost your knowledge of export finance and empower you to take the next step in your career. When it comes to financial risk, before you throw caution to the wind, make sure you’ve carefully considered all the factors. When it comes to signing up for this course, you don’t need to think twice.
What you will learn:
- How the foreign exchange market operates, the purpose of a 'base currency' and different types of currencies
- The role of the central bank
- The implications of South Africa's system of exchange control for exporters
- Key terminology used in the sector including 'exchange rate,' 'selling rate,' 'buying rate,' 'the spread,' 'mid-rate', 'public rate', 'spot rate,' 'forward rate,' 'swap,' 'liquidity' and 'solvency'
- What is meant by a forward exchange contract and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various contract options
- The main activities associated with foreign exchange risk management
- Techniques to 'hedge' against adverse movements in the exchange rate, and explain how each method works
- The success rate of a company's foreign exchange risk management programme
- The key considerations relating to payment in an international trade transaction, including payment types, methods and terms
- The key considerations when establishing a credit policy
- The function of a bill of exchange (draft); identify the circumstances in which it would be necessary to act against an importer who is refusing to pay/accept a draft and discuss measures that can be taken to recover money
- The four methods of payment; their procedures, benefits, limitations, ability to minimise risk of non-payment and the circumstances under which they would be applicable
- The functions of a banker's draft, an importer's cheque, SWIFT and other electronic transfer
- The role of export credit insurance in international trade and the risks that are covered
- The process of export costing and its importance, types, methods and influencing factors
- How to harness the advantages of using an export costing sheet
- How to calculate export costs according to Incoterms®2010
- The sources, types and procedures of financing facilities in export
- The circumstances giving rise to an exporter's need for financing
- The difference between pre-shipment and post-shipment finance
Where this course could take you:Here are some career opportunities this short course will help you work towards:
- Manager or Clerk in the manufacturing and trading field
- International Logistics Manager
- Area Manager
- Shipping & Export Manager
- Business Development Export Manager
- Communications Manager
- Project Manager
- Operations Export Manager
- Business Manager
- Export Sales Manager
- Ship Chandelling Operation Manager
- Airfreight Export Controller
- Export Co-ordinator
- Distribution Manager
- Logistics Manager
- International Banking
- Freight Forwarder
To sign up for this course:
Please sign up as a student first.
What our students have to say
about IMM Graduate School’s Online Short Courses
This was probably one of the most-informative courses I have ever done. The notes are so detailed and precise, it made studying for my assessments so much easier. GREAT COURSE!!!!
Excellent course. Easy to read and navigate the site. The additional reading was also helpful. Christa is very helpful on the admin side.
I enjoyed this course and I am hoping what I have learned here will help me grow as an individual and help me contribute to me organization. Christa was a great help and motivation, she knew just what to say and it kept me motivated.