The Art of Selling
Commitment is a big word!
This option gives you a 'taster' of your course to try out before you buy
- An Introduction to the Course
- A Video Overview of the Course
- One Free Module
- Q&A for that specific module
- The opportunity to sign up for the course, there and then
About this course
It is often said that many people end up in sales as a matter of default, as they did not necessarily search for a career in sales, but rather ended up in sales as a result of not being able to find another job. Yet most successful salespeople are professionals and have no intention of exchanging their careers. One often hears or reads, ‘Salespeople are born, not made.’ There are clear characteristics associated with effective salespeople, many of which can be trained. One of the key skills required by salespeople is that of developing and maintaining relationships with their customers over time. This course will give you a better understanding of selling as a career, the use of verbal, non-verbal and written communication in the sales process and how to influence the customer buying process. You will also realise the importance of sales knowledge and information and how to acquire sales knowledge from a variety of sources, formally and informally. In today’s competitive marketplace, those that deliver the fastest and best service will be most successful. It is vital therefore as part of this course to introduce you to the technology that will make your sales efforts more effective and profitable.
What you will learn:
- About personal selling and the impact the selling profession has on the economy
- The advantages and disadvantages of personal selling
- Different types of sales careers
- Technology trends in selling
- The characteristics and behaviour of a great salesperson
- The selling cycle including:
- Planning the sales call
- Following up
- How to use verbal and non-verbal communication when selling.
- The role of social selling, why it is so important and its impact on the selling cycle
- How to influence the customer buying process through:
- Sales presentations
- Handling objections
- Psychological influenced and buying models of consumers
- What motivates customers to buy
- The importance of sales knowledge and various sources of information
Where this course could take you:Here are some career opportunities this short course will help you work towards:
- In-store retail salespeople, who sell to walk-in customers
- Direct sellers, such as Tupperware sellers
- Telephone salespeople, who sell to people over the phone
- Wholesalers, who sell to other businesses for resale
- Sales representatives, who visit businesses to make sales
- People who sell services, not goods
To sign up for this course:
Please sign up as a student first.
What our students have to say
about IMM Graduate School’s Online Short Courses
This was probably one of the most-informative courses I have ever done. The notes are so detailed and precise, it made studying for my assessments so much easier. GREAT COURSE!!!!
Excellent course. Easy to read and navigate the site. The additional reading was also helpful. Christa is very helpful on the admin side.
I enjoyed this course and I am hoping what I have learned here will help me grow as an individual and help me contribute to me organization. Christa was a great help and motivation, she knew just what to say and it kept me motivated.