Commitment is a big word!
This option gives you a 'taster' of your course to try out before you buy
- An Introduction to the Course
- A Video Overview of the Course
- One Free Module
- Q&A for that specific module
- The opportunity to sign up for the course, there and then
About this course
When the system’s working properly and you’re in a good rhythm, everything slots into place. But when one ball drops, the entire thing can come crashing down. The key to any effective supply chain is setting up systems that ensure a smooth process from manufacture to distribution. Warehousing, inventory management and procurement are accepted today as critical components of logistics and supply chain operations. In this short course, you’ll learn how to effectively implement strategies to ensure this “tri-factor” is working optimally. You’ll discover how warehouses have become complex operations that add value to supply chains and give competitive advantages to organisations; how inventory management can lead to improvements in customer service, operational efficiency and company asset utilisation; and how procurement is a key strategic element in any supply chain process with the function to provide the interface with an organisation’s external supply markets. You’ll also see why procurement must secure a value-for-money deal in the initial purchasing of a specified product or service by taking into account various factors – such as supply markets, potential suppliers, supplier capabilities, lead times and commercial terms – and learn how important it is to manage the business relationship with a supplier. Coupled with a range of hands-on business practice skills from marketing and information flow, to business planning and commercial skills, this course is designed for people across in the supply chain spectrum. By the end of this short course, you will be equipped with the knowledge to implement good management practice to manage operations and personnel both efficiently and effectively across a broad and diverse range of business sectors. You’ll have an in-depth understanding of warehousing, the key areas of warehousing operations and the key activities involved in each area, helping to develop the skills’ set required by an aspiring warehouse manager to operate effectively. You’ll also be equipped with the knowledge and understanding of inventory management and the techniques involved in balancing trade-offs to deliver optimum supply chain performance. And you will gain the basic skills and knowledge required to perform procurement effectively. Upskill with the IMM Graduate School and ensure you never drop the ball again in the complex juggling act that is supply chain management.
What you will learn:
- Best business practices in marketing, PR, communications, information and finance
- How to apply sound management practices
- How to plan, organise and manage teams and individuals
- How to evaluate information to incorporate into a business plan
- How to manage a warehouse including receiving and storing operations, order-picking and the dispatching of goods
- The role and activities of warehousing in supply chain operations
- The resource requirements for warehouse operations
- Warehousing activities to ensure operational goals and financial objectives are achieved
- Inventory management techniques to deliver optimum supply chain performance
- The key elements of the procurement process, planning and systems and the environment in which it takes place
- Effective procurement operation and manage its performance
Where this course could take you:Here are some career opportunities this short course will help you work towards:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Project Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Inventory Manager
- Materials Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Logistics Services Salesperson
- And other careers related to Inventory and Materials Management, Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
To sign up for this course:
Please sign up as a student first.
What our students have to say
about IMM Graduate School’s Online Short Courses
This was probably one of the most-informative courses I have ever done. The notes are so detailed and precise, it made studying for my assessments so much easier. GREAT COURSE!!!!
Excellent course. Easy to read and navigate the site. The additional reading was also helpful. Christa is very helpful on the admin side.
I enjoyed this course and I am hoping what I have learned here will help me grow as an individual and help me contribute to me organization. Christa was a great help and motivation, she knew just what to say and it kept me motivated.